|A pocketful of salsa delight|
|" A pocketful of yummy and delightful chicken"|
...Instead these are my INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders sliced thinly and seasoned with amazing rub.
- Olive oil
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Black pepper - freshly ground
- Kosher salt
- 1 large tomato roughly chopped
- a squirt of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or greek yogurt
- Boston lettuce - chop lenghtwise about 1 cup
....The AROMATICS: (in powder form or seeds) 1/2 teaspon each of:
- garam marsala
Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger and season with salt and pepper. Stir until onions have softened and a little caramelized, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the AROMATICS and quickly stirring for about 15-20 seconds to keep the spices from burning. Add the tomatoes, buttermilk and honey, taste for seasoning.
Stir the chicken into the pan and cover over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked.
Taste and correct seasoning. Take out the cooked chicken; set aside in a bowl. Save about 2 tablsepoon of the sauce for the salsa. Reduce the sauce until it starts to turn "pasty". Put the chicken back in the pan and mix throughly then add the chopped cilantro.
...In the meantime.......
Brush a non-stick pan with olive oil and heat the pita bread for 30 seconds on each side. Cut a quarter off the top of the pita and tuck each pocket with lettuce, and fill with chicken and some salsa. Now you may enjoy a "pocketful of delight".
What is in my SALSA??.........
- Chopped seeded tomatoes
- Handful of cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion cut in half and thinly sliced
- Slice thinly half of a english cucumber
- Thinly sliced about a cup of fennel bulb (optional)
- A squeeze of half a lime
- a few mint leaves finely chopped
- olive oil
- a squirt of honey
Combine everything in a bowl, add the chicken sauce you set aside, season with salt and pepper,
add a little olive oil, a squeeze of lime, and a squirt of honey, toss and ENJOY!