I wonder what is at the Asian market today..........??
- A lovely duck about a pound
- Sliced of 1 onion
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- Some slices of fresh ginger
- Olive oil
- Kitchen! Kitchen!'s amazing dry rub
For the potatoes.......a good marriage...
- A small cast iron pan or any small pan you have that will not melt in the oven.....
- 4 medium size red potatoes washed and cut in half
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 lovely large plum tomatoes
* Preheat oven to 350 F
* Wash the duck in cold water and dry completely with paper towel inside out, remove some of the fats and the innards.
* Season generously with my "amazing dry rub" inside out and stuff with cut onion, crushed garlic, and slices of ginger. Tie the legs and the wings with a string to keep the parts in place. Drizzle a little with olive oil. Place bird on a pan or in my case I used my large cast iron pan (the "workhorse" of my kitchen) and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until you can almost hear the skin crackle with crispness. Let cool and sliced to serve.
Now, this is the easy part........the "good marriage" of roasted potatoes.....
* Combine everything - potatoes, onion, garlic and tomatoes in a small cast iron pan drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 35-40 minutes until potatoes are done. I put this next to the duck in the oven.... that's what I call being together (until consumed).....