We have a gem of a farm market in my community where you will find all the the loveliest of fruits and the freshest of an assortment of vegetables. If only I could basket the entire market, that would be lovely! So, here is my "Farm to Table Roasted Vegetables".
What is in my basket?
- 6 large red cubanelle peppers
- 4 large green cubanelle peppers
- 8 baby eggplants
- 3 round zucchinis -- yes, there are round zucchinis! - sliced about 1/8" to 1/4" thick drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a separate bowl and set aside.
- 1 bunch of green scallions
- 1 large red onion sliced about 1/4" thick
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
* Spread all the peppers, eggplants and onions like little soldiers in a cookie sheet, drizzle and massage some olive oil to the veggies and sprinkle some salt. Bake at 350 F for about 30-35 minutes. Let cool. Remove the skin of the eggplants and the cubanelle peppers carefully. Set aside.
* In the meantime, heat a little olive oil on your grill pan. Line up the sliced zucchinis for about 2-3 minutes on each side to get the grill marks. Do the same thing to the scallions (about 1-2 minutes) just to get those gorgeous grill marks. Your friends will think you were grilling outside and swatting flies and bugs at the same time.
* Transfer all the roasted and grilled vegetables, juice and all in a serving platter, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle some salt. The juice from the vegetables will serve as your dressing. It's healthy and taste heavenly! Our first lady will love you for eating healthy! Who knows you might get invited to one of those White House gig - you don't even have to gate crash!