Thursday, September 6, 2012

light, simple yet incredibly satisfying and delicious...at kitchen! kitchen!


A salad of sliced baby beets, green beans, baby carrots,
slivered sweet, sweet apples, perfectly boiled eggs
drizzled with mustard vinaigrette
and a piece of 7 grain cracker.
Simple, light, but incredibly satisfying and delicious!
A perfect lunch after a very energizing walk of 4.58 miles today at Holmdel Park. Feeling good after a walk in the park, meandering though the woods with my niece Ann Millicent was one of the best walks I had. I highly recommend a nice walk with a friend or a member of the family. Have a nice friendly conversation and you won't notice the time or how far you have walked. You not only bond with a friend or family member, but with nature as well. The walk is very calming, and somehow gives me a new perspective on things and clears the cobwebs gathering in my head. So, coming home, I rewarded myself with this light and delicious lunch. You may add chicken, meat or shrimps to this salad if you wish. Reward yourself with something delicious and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment