Friday, August 10, 2012

"man hungry" for smoked pork chop....at kitchen! kitchen!

Smoked pork chop  with mushroom in a cream sauce
and baby golden potatoes simply boiled.

Golden smoked pork chop that would delight anyone even a "man hungry"!
I have not done smoked pork chop for a while, and if I ever do, it's normally reserved in late fall or winter. But, then the craving stepped in when Wolfgang asked me how to prepare smoked pork chop. Having a cooking blog, family and friends tend to ask me how to prepare this or that. Wolfgang's pork chop was a success. So a trip to Delicious Orchard was planned to get this wonderful smoked pork chop to satisfy my own cravings. The chop I got was 1.56 lbs. with just the right amount of fat in it....and quite a big guy too! I know it would be enough to serve 2, but just to be prepared, I got 2 chops. The second one was a smaller piece.

How I prepared my smoked pork chop:
1 piece - 1.56 lb
Preheat oven to 400 F
Put the chop in a baking pan with 1 tablespoon butter and completely cover with foil.
Bake for 20 minutes (if baked at 350F - it would take about 30-40 minutes)
Uncover and broil for a minute or so to brown both sides. (Put another tablespoon of butter on top when browning)...(another option: you may also brown each side on a pan).
Serve with cream of mushroom sauce and mashed or boiled potatoes.
(google for cream of mushroom sauce).
I'm glad I did not have to wait for the cold weather to set in. The dish was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment