Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Crepes for the visiting family at ......kitchen! kitchen!

Homemade Crepes With Steaks
I can't imagine that my last posting was ages ago ( almost 3 months to be exact). It's not because I have not been keeping busy in the kitchen. It's just that I have been so busy entertaining visiting relatives. My sister Cora and my niece Pam with her lovely daughter Andrea are visiting, and previous to that my niece Stephanie also did a whirl wind visit. So, my cooking was limited to some quick and painless recipes and take outs. So,yesterday I did a quick steak crepes with white sauce.

Crepes recipes ( I did my usual painless and quick and no measuring way of doing things) ...I humbly apologized...however, you may goggle for a crepe recipe on the net.

2 -3 cups of "leftover steaks" roughly cut up in bite size pieces. (or leftover roasted chicken/shredded)
1/2 head of white onion roughly chopped
1 tblsp. butter and 2 tblsp. of olive oil in a pan
2-3 tablespoons of flour
Salt & freshly ground black pepper

Sautee the onions on the pan with butter and olive oil
Add the flour stirring until the flour is cooked and well incorporated with the onions.
Add a quart of chicken stock stirring constantly until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper, add 1/4 cup of heavy cream stirring to desired consistency.
Set aside some of the sauce in a separate container or pan and keep warm.
On the same pan with about a cup of sauce combine the chopped steaks until well incorporated with the sauce. Correct seasoning and add some chopped parsley.

On a flat surface place one crepe and fill about 2 tblps. of  cooked steak and roll, then transfer to a server. Keep doing the same thing until all the crepes are used up. Pour some of the sauce that you set aside on the crepes and serve the rest of the sauce separately.

Serve with green salad......it's light and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment