Monday, March 18, 2013

Iceberg lettuce and gravlax.....at kitchen! kitchen!

A delightful salad of home made gravlax, iceberg lettuce, baby arugula,
and some sweet cherry tomatoes with  agave nectar grainy mustard dressing.
Hello there! I guess, in a way I kind of neglected by blog for a bit, but certainly not my cooking and baking. Now, that I can again download photos from my own files, I will be posting more of my dishes that are just waiting in the wings to be shared to all my friends and followers.

Having a home done cured gravlax handy is so convenient for one of those delicious and quick to prepare salads or sandwiches. With several slices of this wonderful cured salmon will easily perk up anyone's appetite as I have here.


Gravlax Salad:
A quarter of whole iceberg lettuce
A handful of baby arugula
Some slices of ever sweet cherry tomatoes
Several thin slices of GRAVLAX - my recipe is only a guide for me and I don't measure, instead I still do this curing process by taste....so I will suggest that you google for the exact recipe.

Agave Nectar Mustard Dressing:
1 tablespoon of grainy Dijon mustard
2-3 tablespoons of Agave nectar or honey
2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar (diluted in 1 tablespoon water)
Pinch of salt and black pepper
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Whisk vigously until well incorporated

No comments:

Post a Comment