Thursday, December 8, 2011

roasted goose, a holiday tribute......at kitchen! kitchen!


Roasted Goose
A tribute to the holiday table

My holiday table is never without a roasted goose as soon as Thanksgivng comes around. Growing up, home cured ham made by my aunt graced our holiday table. Then I got myself integrated in a household with a German ancestry and roasted goose became our staple. I actually prefer the goose than ham although as a tribute to my mother and my aunt who cures the wonderful succulent ham, it too graces my table on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Preserving some traditions that you grew with reminds us of where we came from and who we are.

13 lbs. of fresh young goose from your butcher only or Wholefoods
2 pkgs. of roasting herbs (a combination of rosemary, thyme and sage)
4 cloves of garlic
1 medium size onion quartered

Wash and remove the innards from the goose and dry thoroughly
Season generously with salt and black pepper inside out
Stuff the goose with the herbs, onion and garlic
Roast for 4 to 4-1/2 hrs. at 350F (or follow the instruction on the wrapping - usually 20-30 minutes per 1/2 lb.) *Or simply goggle on how to roast goose*
Garnish with your favorite vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment