Monday, October 3, 2011

Pan seared sirloin steak.....at kitchen! kitchen!


Pan seared sirloin steak and cannellini bean salad
I made this over the weekend for our Saturday dinner.
Cannellini salad with sweet cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese,
capers and basil was such a success that I had to do
another one for our Sunday dinner.
To me both were paired accidentally and to the delight of the family.
Sometimes, if you don't think too hard of what to cook, it's more often than not
you'll get one of those "aha" moments.
I needed something light to go with the pan seared steak, so I figured why not
a bean salad? And to my delight, a can of cannellini beans stood out in my pantry.
I always have a constant supply of different kinds of cheeses including mozzarella
and my sweet cherry tomatoes from Samaha's farm. A jar of capers stands guard
in my fridge always to the rescue.



Serves (1)

1 piece of sirloin steak (or any of your favorite cut)
Season well with the amazing dry rub (see previous posting)
Heat a non-stick pan with a little olive and a bit of butter - sear one side for about 5 minutes and the other side for about 4 minutes to desired doneness (for well done about 7 -8 minutes on each side). Don't forget to sear the 4 ends for 50 seconds each to brown. Set aside on a platter and cover with foil let the juice re-circulate in the meat for at least 5 minutes.

Cannellini Bean Salad:
1 can of 15 oz. cannellini beans - rinse with cold water and drain completely
1 small red onion sliced thinly in rounds
1/2 of the mozzarella cheese cut in small cubes
1 quart of sweet cherry tomatoes rinse and dried
2 tablespoons of capers
Combine everything in a large bowl
Add 1-2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and toss
Season with a dash of salt and some white pepper
Granish with a scattering of chopped basil

No comments:

Post a Comment